Some smart companies are creating videos that not only are fun to watch, but truly act as a recruiting tool for their companies / services. So while some of these sites rely on social media / UGC, they are seeding their own services by creating content for their own site as a way to kick things off.
A few examples:
1) I saw this one a few months ago, and my first reaction was “I would love to work there”:
We did this video one night after work. We are a company called Connected Ventures, a group of friends who work for: Vimeo, CollegeHumor, Busted Tees, and Defunker… and, we’re hiring: connectedventures.com/jobs.shtml
2) And this one most recently is a farce on raising money from VCs ( in hebrew, but with subtitles ), promoting their new how-to video site 5min (thanks Ouriel).
5min is a place to find short video solutions for every
practical question and is also a place for people who want to share their knowledge.
3) And of course, FunnyorDie which launched ( I believe ) with the first episode of “The Landlord”: watch video here
4) Our very own beta video player on wordpress.com was launched featuring Matt and Barry “after-hours”. Click to watch.
5) And lastly, one of my favorites, from the Gmail team, which is a cross of a screencast and a puppet show 🙂