A few days ago I spent some time cleaning up my address book, but I forgot that there was one additional place where it was a mess, Google Voice.
I had a Google Voice account tied to an older gmail account which I had set up before Google Voice was available for Google Apps.
That meant that my Google Voice account also had a completely separate contacts list which meant incoming calls & SMSs were often not identified, even though I had that person’s info in my other address book.
I was pretty sure I was stuck with this, when I decided to search around, and boom, I found (via Google of course) a “I want to transfer my Google Voice number to another account” page:
I clicked through the form, and then it forced me to be logged-in to both accounts in the same browser, and not even 5 minutes later my account was transferred.
You must be logged in to post a comment.